Yorkshireman Results

Results are out

7 Comments
  1. Livi says:

Lots of great pictures from Dave and Eileen – http://www.woodentops.org.uk/index.php?topic=home&subtopic=morephotos

Thanks Charlie and everyone who helped make this such a fantastic event. Great T’s too!

10th September 2012 at 8:20 pm

2. Loz says:

Thanks to all the juniors and parents who helped with tea and toast and who made buns and cakes and sold them on day. Thanks also to all the runners and walkers who gave generousely as usual.
    We managed to raise a staggering £296.76 for our junior section. Finally thanks to Charlie and team who make it such a great day for everybody. See you all next year.

10th September 2012 at 9:13 pm

3. Ian Arnold-Holmfirth Harriers says:

Another great event, thanks as ever to Charlie and the host of helpers. The dibbers worked well and showed just how possible it is to slow to a near standstill over the closing miles. Well done and thanks to the woodentops for some great photos.

10th September 2012 at 10:04 am

4. Rob says:

Thanks to KCAC, Charlie and all the volunteers, marshalls and runners for a great event. Special mention to a fellow competitor (Aileen) who kept me moving over the last few, long miles.

10th September 2012 at 3:00 pm

5. Arthur says:

Many thanks to the Keighley & Craven “barmy army” of marshalls and helpers, and wonderful words of encouragement at all the checkpoints and en-route. The comments are still ringing in my ears – “c’mon Arthur, get your arse into gear”….. “Fleece closes at eleven”, and “I hope you’re carrying a torch!”.
    No,seriously, it makes you feel proud to be part of a great running club. Now I know what an olympian must feel like. It brings a lump to my throat (that porridge can’t have gone down yet).
    A special thanks to the lovely Debbie from Ilkley who picked me up from the toilets at Ogden and dragged me round, and finally up Butt Lane to the finish. And a huge thanks to Katy for the massage at t’viaduct – it nearly worked. I just felt a twinge in the Fleece afterwards when I went for my third pint! Your secret’s out now Katy, you’ve a wonderful pair of healing hands!
    WELL DONE K&C – JOB DONE!
    ps – Does anyone know how that chap is who collapsed on Penistone?
    pps – A cracking time of 5.40 for “pet shop” in that heat. Well done Pete!

10th September 2012 at 7:02 pm

6. mike smith says:

I believe you are referring to my work colleague Jess Palmer v50 who was knocked over by 2 labradors which were running loose on the moor near the cricket club. He reports that after being winded for 5 minutes he was able to continue and finished a shade under 5 hours. He has grazes, bruised ribs and a sprained finger but was able to come into the office on Monday for work but thats tough old fell runners for you..

10th September 2012 at 11:14 pm

7. Andy N says:

Thanks to Charlie and everyone who organised the event. My first fell run, and my first marathon – I don’t regret choosing this one at all. For the whole 6+ hours there was nowhere I’d rather be. I’m a soft, southern b*****d (as one chap put it while stopping to apply some of his ibuprofen gel to my cramp-locked legs) but I finished the race and as long as you’ll have me I’ll be back again next year to try those bogs – and not fall in them this time. Brilliant course, beautiful countryside; one of the most arduous things I’ve ever done, but I loved every minute of it.

Special thanks to Livi for the salty egg sandwich, and the guy with the gel, whose name escaped me. And Alan Wright for helping me map out the route beforehand.

Cheers!